How should my child dress for school?
A school is often judged by the appearance of its pupils and a smart standard of dress helps create a positive image and a sense of belonging. It is with this in mind that we encourage children to wear our distinctive school uniform.
The school colours are royal blue, grey and white.
- White shirt or blouse (Children in Year 3-6 must wear a shirt or blouse, to support the wearing of a tie); school polo shirt (Reception - Year 2)
- Royal Blue School Tie (Years 3-5 only)
- Royal Blue and Grey Striped School Tie (Year 6 only)
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- Royal blue V-neck sweatshirt/jumper (no hoods please)
- Grey, black or white tights or socks
- Blue and white check gingham dress
- White short sleeved shirt, blouse or school polo shirt (Year 3-6 must wear a shirt or blouse, to support the wearing of a tie)
- Grey trousers, grey shorts or skirt
- Grey, black or white socks
- Low heeled sensible black shoes are essential as children’s feet are still developing and can so easily be damaged by fashion shoes. We would ask for the wearing of trainers to be restricted to out-door games sessions.
- White T-shirt
- Black shorts
- Black track suit bottoms and jumper for outdoor PE
- Black plimsolls for indoor PE
- Trainers for outdoor PE
- Drawstring PE Bag
- Spare pair of pants/knickers and socks
Children will wear the track suit for out-door games/activities on the field; this kit needs to be in school all year round.
We ask parents to ensure that children have the appropriate kit, which should be kept in school in a drawstring bag. It should be taken home each half term for washing and for checking sizes etc.
From September 2018, school fleeces will no longer be part of the school uniform.
And finally……….ALL clothing must be clearly marked with the child’s name.
The school is changing its uniform supplier to One Stop Schoolgear.
The company is based on Beehive Lane in Chelmsford and their website is www.onestopschoolgear.com.
You can purchase uniform via their website, from their shop, or using the order form which can be downloaded below.